Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Join different IAP class with different version AOS 8

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Join different IAP class with different version AOS 8

Posted Aug 21, 2020 05:30 AM

Hi guys, 

just wanted to tell my experience using 2 different models (IAP-303 and IAP-365) in the same L2 

I was told that if you have a cluster with, lets say vers 6.5 models IAP-303 and you need to add more APs that comes from factory with different versión you have to install the same versión than the ones you have for them before joining the cluster. 

Yesterday I was working with a cluster running vers 8.6.0.2 and add a new IAP with versión 6.5.4 Surprisingly the new AP joined the cluster.

Checking the logs I could see how the VC detect the version of the joined AP and sent it the correct one to join the cluster.

I do not know if it is an AOS8 improve or what but I liked it a lot

Regards

JoseMi

• 2.  RE: Join different IAP class with different version AOS 8

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2020 07:10 PM

The main thing is if the new AP is going to join existing Instant cluster that has the same AP model.

If the AP models are the same, then the VC will automatically upgrade it to its version of firmware.

if you are running the mix AP model cluster then the cluster should either have access to Aruba Central/Airwave or Internet to get the upgraded firmware for the new AP joining.