Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Life cycle of APs

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Life cycle of APs

Posted Nov 19, 2019 04:12 AM
    Hi all

Why’s the average life cycle of an Aruba AP?

I notice a certain wireless vendor who got purchased recently has an released a end of sale notice for a .ax AP which will be less than 2 years old once it is end of sale early next year.

What’s the guidelines in regards to life cycle of an Aruba AP?

Always encouraging to understand this when work with customers who do their homework on products :)

• 2.  RE: Life cycle of APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2019 02:26 PM

Let me start by saying that Aruba doesn't pre-announce target end-of-sale dates, and does not make any public commitments on that beyond the 6 months' notice which is part of our hardware lifecycle policy (as well as the commitment to support these platforms for at least 5 years after the end-of-sale milestone).

Since Aruba started shipping APs, the typical Aruba AP has a minimum "active life" (time between launch and end-of-sale) of at least 4 years. Sometimes longer (6 years or more), and very rarely shorter (one or two instances of 3 years). The 5 years of support are added on top of that.

• 3.  RE: Life cycle of APs

Posted Nov 19, 2019 04:40 PM

Thanks, yes this is about what I thought.