Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Limit max Download

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Limit max Download

Posted Aug 06, 2019 03:00 PM

Hello everyone,

There is any way that I can limit the download of the users in a daily basis with Instant AP, for example, that every user can download up to 1 Gb of data every day ? Or maybe a max duration of the connection per day, for example 2 hours of daily use ?

• 2.  RE: Limit max Download

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2019 07:41 PM

no you cant do that just with Instant AP. IAPs can provide BW control restriction like Mbps.

However you can provide download quota using Aruba ClearPass

• 3.  RE: Limit max Download

Posted Aug 06, 2019 10:29 PM

Thank you ariyap, I have another doubt, can I make restrictions like the ones on this example 

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.6/PolicyManager/Content/CPPM_UserGuide/Enforce/EPSession_Restrictions.htm#Examples

Session Duration: The User/Endpoint is allowed access to the network daily for three hours in a specified time period (between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.)
     Session-Check > Allowed-Duration = 3
     Session-Check >Duration-Units = Hours
     Session-Check > Check-Type = Daily
     Session-Check > Start-Time = 09:00:00
     Session-Check Stop-Time = 17:00:00
     Post-Auth-Check > Action = Disconnect

But with Instant or a Controller solution ?

• 4.  RE: Limit max Download

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2019 11:35 PM

yes you can do that if you have ClearPass. The link that you shared is  from ClearPass user guide.

By the way the current version of ClearPass is 6.8.x

• 5.  RE: Limit max Download

Posted Aug 07, 2019 11:18 AM

Hello ariyap, but the is any way that I can do that kind of restriction on the SSID using only Aruba Instant or a controller solution ?