Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Limits For Number Of Access Points IAP 135 Virtual Controller

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Limits For Number Of Access Points IAP 135 Virtual Controller

Posted May 15, 2014 06:14 AM

Hi,

I was wondering what are the limits the number of access points that can be managed from IAP 135 virtual controller. I know the documentation says 16, but I was told by a vendor it was much more. I now have 64 managed from one IAP and am having issues, i.e they all disappear from the controller after a few days or at times, half of them fall off. 

I have two other buildings with 28 APs in them managed from a IAP 135 and it works fine. 

Does anyone have any comments ?

Michael 

#AP135

• 2.  RE: Limits For Number Of Access Points IAP 135 Virtual Controller

Posted May 15, 2014 06:23 AM
    No limit

What IAP OS are you using ?

• 3.  RE: Limits For Number Of Access Points IAP 135 Virtual Controller

MVP GURU
    Posted May 15, 2014 06:26 AM

It is only a limit for IAP-93 !

• 4.  RE: Limits For Number Of Access Points IAP 135 Virtual Controller

Posted May 15, 2014 06:50 AM
      |   view attached

I have attached the datasheet where it states the limit. I have it highlighted. I hope you are right :) 

I am on 6.3.1.2-4.0.0.4_42384

Attachment(s)

pdf
    TB_Aruba-Instant-Mode.pdf   230 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Limits For Number Of Access Points IAP 135 Virtual Controller
    Best Answer

Posted May 15, 2014 07:49 AM

That's why I asked you about the IAP OS you are using because that's not the case anymore , the only IAP with they limitation as already mentioned is the IAP-93 so if you have one in your cluster then it will be limited to 16

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/Why-am-I-not-able-to-increase-my-IAP-cluster-beyond-16-IAPs-mixed-environment-even-though-I-am-running-one-of-the-latest-code-that-allows-any-number-of-IAPs-in-the-cluster

• 6.  RE: Limits For Number Of Access Points IAP 135 Virtual Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2014 08:19 AM

This is correct, there are no restrictions outside of the IAP93.  However, at larger scales, please follow best practices...see here for a good post:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/Best-Practice-IAP-deployment/m-p/126555/highlight/true#M3694

• 7.  RE: Limits For Number Of Access Points IAP 135 Virtual Controller

Posted May 15, 2014 08:51 AM

Michael-

That Data Sheet is really old and out of date.  Is that a copy that you had saved on your PC for a while or did you find it online recently?