Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

MAC Address Filtering in Aruba Instant with randomized MAC addresses

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  MAC Address Filtering in Aruba Instant with randomized MAC addresses

Posted Mar 27, 2020 11:12 AM

Hi we have a relatively small network using Aruba Instant to manage it. I have MAC address filtering in use. Today I ran into an issue with a new Android device which has randomized MAC addresses enabled by default with no clear way to turn that off (I'm forced to work at home during Covid-19 so I don't have hands on to the device, and I don't have an Android device to try to figure out the solution.) Do I have to try to turn off that feature on Android to enable them to connect? If so I haven't found any instructions on how in case anyone knows that answer. Thank you!

• 2.  RE: MAC Address Filtering in Aruba Instant with randomized MAC addresses
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 27, 2020 11:18 AM

Try running through this procedure on the Android Device:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Tap Network & Internet.
    • Tap Wi-Fi.
    • Tap the gear icon associated with the wireless connection to be configured.
    • Tap Advanced.
    • Tap Privacy.
    • Tap Use device MAC

• 3.  RE: MAC Address Filtering in Aruba Instant with randomized MAC addresses

Posted Mar 27, 2020 11:24 AM

Thank you. Without one in front of me I thought there wouldn't be a way to edit the network's settings unless it had already connected successfully. I sent this to the user and will update this post after. Thanks again