Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Many IAP-103s image upgrade fails (6.4 --> 6.5)

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Many IAP-103s image upgrade fails (6.4 --> 6.5)

Posted Jul 25, 2018 06:56 AM

Hi,

We need to upgrade many IAP-103 clusters at many customers many sites, but I'm experiencing an interesting phenomenon.

There is an IAP-103 cluster each site, and I have experienced the error at every cluster update.

Not all members are running the update, and at the end of the cluster update there are always a few APs that can not update and can not come back to the cluster by this error meesage: "image version mismatch"

I checked during the update, these problematic APs didn't go over download-done state.

I tried to update them by disabling all APs (disable poe on the switch) and launching a single AP from the wrong ones. Since the other members were down, so she became the master, I logged in and start the upgrade. During the upgrade, I checked cli (sh upgrade info) I saw the upgrade was successful and reboot comes.

However, after reboot, he returned again with the old image (6.4.2.6), but according to the log everything is fine:

AP3# sh ver
    Aruba Operating System Software.
    ArubaOS (MODEL: 103), Version 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.6
    Copyright (c) 2002-2015, Aruba Networks, Inc.
    Compiled on 2015-05-12 at 12:03:05 PDT (build 50009) by p4build

AP uptime is 15 minutes 5 seconds
    Reboot Time and Cause: AP rebooted Wed Jul 25 12:33:34 CEST 2018; Image Upgrade Successful
    AP3#

I tired also:

upgrade-image2

upgrade from web

upgrade to many versions (6.5.4.5, 6.5.4.7, 6.5.4.8)

reset config on iap before upgrade

None of them works. :(

I need to upgrade to minimum 6.5.4.5 because of a major error fix (iap-100 series wifi driver problem)

What can I do with these problematic APs?

• 2.  RE: Many IAP-103s image upgrade fails (6.4 --> 6.5)

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 25, 2018 07:19 AM

How are these IAP's managed locally or via Central/AirWave? If so do you have Firmware compliance enabled? Is there any preferred masters configured?

As a step you could also try upgrading to the latest 6.4 then try to 6.5.

• 3.  RE: Many IAP-103s image upgrade fails (6.4 --> 6.5)

Posted Jul 25, 2018 07:43 AM

These are managed locally and there are no preferred master configured.

OK, I will try to upgrade first to the lastest 6.4, and I will write about expreiences.

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Many IAP-103s image upgrade fails (6.4 --> 6.5)

Posted Nov 01, 2019 02:02 PM

Hi,

anyone can help me ? I have two cluster iap-103, i want upgrade firmware, but it doesnt works. I try upgrade from file over local LAN in to IP of controller, I try automatically upgrade from portal over check, it still doesnt work. It takes about 15-20 minutes, and after few reboots are still same firmware. I tried Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, Edge, still the same problem.

Thanks a lot.

Jan

obrazek.pngobrazek.png