Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Need Usb console driver for IAP-345

This thread has been viewed 59 times
  • 1.  Need Usb console driver for IAP-345

Posted Aug 08, 2018 06:15 AM

Dear All,

The IAP-345 is using Micro-usb for console function rather than the RJ45 one.

When I try to use Micro-usb connect to that lovely and pissed me off usb port, Windows just notices me that the USB port is not identified.

Well, seems I need driver for it.

And the Aruba website provided driver is really good but not works for it.
    Image 20180808-001.jpg

Anyone can help? Please!

• 2.  RE: Need Usb console driver for IAP-345
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: Need Usb console driver for IAP-345

Posted Nov 19, 2019 10:39 AM

I got the same problem with the AP-CBL-SERU cable. It worked on my old laptop but I got a new one. Latest windows build and the driver does not work. Downloaded the latest CP210x from support.arubanetworks.com

On my old laptop I had an older driver but I didn't keep a copy of that zip. Unfortunately that laptop became unworkable.  

Windows states unknown device (request for device descriptor failed)

I really need this resolved!!

New laptop has USB C interfaces. I found that the problem lies in the USB C to USB A converters. When I use a USB A hub and put a converter in between, the cable works just fine. So now I'm on the hunt for a USB C to USB A converter that does work with the cable. All hubs and converters are USB 3.0 so it will be a hit and miss process :)

rgds,

Erik

• 4.  RE: Need Usb console driver for IAP-345

Posted Jul 21, 2020 11:19 AM

more specifically - it's not the USB port you want to be using but the totally bespoke serial pot (and special cable) that you need to use.