Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

No Virtual Controller GUI Access From Outside of Subnet

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  No Virtual Controller GUI Access From Outside of Subnet

Posted Aug 28, 2020 03:30 PM

I cannot load the web GUI on the Virtual Controller on any computer outside of the local WiFi subnet.  However, I'm still able to SSH into the VC from different subnets.  I can also load the GUI while local on the subnet.

I'm sure that the routing is setup correctly between subnets as everything else between networks is running fine.

This network has four 505 APs and two 367 Outdoor APs in Mesh mode.  The 367 in Mesh Portal mode is selected as the Preferred Master.

I spent some time with Aruba support and he just blamed the network for the issue, but I don't necessarily think that is the case because I can successfully access other VC GUIs on other subnets.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with this problem?

Thanks!

Jason

• 2.  RE: No Virtual Controller GUI Access From Outside of Subnet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 30, 2020 04:00 AM

do you have "Restrict Corporate Access" enabled under

Security->inbound firewall

• 3.  RE: No Virtual Controller GUI Access From Outside of Subnet

Posted Aug 31, 2020 08:33 AM

ariyap -

Thanks for the reply.  I checked the setting you mentioned and "Restrict Corporate Access" is disabled.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jason

• 4.  RE: No Virtual Controller GUI Access From Outside of Subnet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2020 08:47 AM

Hi,

Are you sure TCP port 4343 is allowed from your machine to the VC? Try to telnet to port 4343 or use a tool like tcping to confirm port 4343 is allowed..

• 5.  RE: No Virtual Controller GUI Access From Outside of Subnet

Posted Aug 31, 2020 08:56 AM

You may be on to what the problem is with Telnet being blocked.  I just tried to access via Telnet on port 4343 and was denied.  I also ran a port scan at it is not open.

The connection to this site is over AT&T metro Ethernet so there is no firewall in between the sites.  Any clues on to where this may be blocked? 

Thanks,

Jason

• 6.  RE: No Virtual Controller GUI Access From Outside of Subnet

Posted Aug 31, 2020 09:09 AM

I just tried turning off with Windows firewall with no success with the Telnet connection.

• 7.  RE: No Virtual Controller GUI Access From Outside of Subnet

Posted Aug 31, 2020 09:15 AM

I have a few other subnets with VCs on the same AT&T metro network.  Even though I can access each of those network's VC with the GUI, I still cannot telnet into either of those Virtual Controllers using Telnet on Port 4343 either.

• 8.  RE: No Virtual Controller GUI Access From Outside of Subnet

Posted Aug 31, 2020 09:24 AM

I cranked up Wireshark and I can see where acknowledgements are being sent and received from the VC GUI connection and my computer until the VC finally sends a RST (Reset) to stop the connection.