Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
New Contributor

Point to Point deployment - find the right product

Hello,

I have a client with one main building with instant ap and airwave as management tool, and we need to extend the wifi outside of the main building, there my customer has a scene/tent, (distance is only 20 meters from the main buildning).

We will install 4 iap access point inside the scene/tent,  but we need a point to point solution with aruba. I know that aruba has mesh techology and outdoors access point, and i try to find the right product for this purpose. Except the aruba 387 which is dedicate for point to point, can you recommended to me another product from aruba ? 

Best regards

Alex

Highlighted

Re: Point to Point deployment - find the right product

The requirement is simple, if you are looking for another option, you can look at either 377 or 367 both are with directional antennas and can serve well in this scenario.

ACMP / ACSP / ACCP / ACEP / ACDX # 663
CCIE R/S - 37956
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you for your answer. Those models working with mesh technology ? In an Instant mesh network, the maximum hop count is two node, and we need at least 3-4 access points. So its not a right solution for our purpose. 
377 or 367 working with mesh or have the same functions as 387 ??

Highlighted

What if we can design it on 3 clusters. Main building running its own cluster, Tent running its own cluster and point to point 2 x APs running their own. 

Or you can have 1 cluster stretched across the bridged link (it will not be part of same cluster) by bridging both ends with same Vlan.

I havent tried it before, but i think it should work.

ACMP / ACSP / ACCP / ACEP / ACDX # 663
CCIE R/S - 37956
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: