Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Provisioning a RAP3

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Provisioning a RAP3

Posted Mar 18, 2013 04:27 PM

I am trying to provision a RAP3. I go to the maintenance window in the GUI and hit the Convert Tab, select Remote APs managed by a Mobility Controller, I enter the IP address of my master controller (an inside address and not the global) I then click convert now. It say connecting to VPN and then fails. Not sure where to go from here? Has anyone else been able to convert the from the default IAP to a RAP? The RAP is white-listed in the controller. I have a RAP-105 that works just fine but this is not as intuitive as it should be.

• 2.  RE: Provisioning a RAP3

Posted Mar 18, 2013 05:26 PM

Can you check the controller's logs to see if any errors are present?  

Also, check to make sure you have enough addresses free in your L2TP pool:

show vpdn l2tp local pool

• 3.  RE: Provisioning a RAP3

Posted Mar 19, 2013 09:00 AM
      |   view attached

I have attached the error log I reveive when I try to convert the Instant to a RAP3. If you see anything that looks glaring or that I should look at please let me know. Thanks for any suggestions. I did verify there is enough address space in the pool.

Attachment(s)

txt
    error log for rap3.txt   6 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Provisioning a RAP3

Posted Mar 19, 2013 09:07 AM

Do you have any log information from the controller side?

• 5.  RE: Provisioning a RAP3

Posted Mar 20, 2013 03:37 PM
    What software version do you have on your controller? You need 6.1.4 as a minimum for this operation to succeed.

• 6.  RE: Provisioning a RAP3

Posted Mar 20, 2013 03:40 PM

• 7.  RE: Provisioning a RAP3

Posted Mar 20, 2013 03:43 PM
    Ok, then thats the answer to why it fails. You need to upgrade for rap3 to be provisioned on you controllers. Mvh John Solberg

• 8.  RE: Provisioning a RAP3

Posted Mar 20, 2013 03:44 PM

Thanks for the information.