Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Question about IAP-103 US vs RW

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Question about IAP-103 US vs RW

Posted Sep 06, 2018 12:57 PM

We currently have a Instant virtual controller network of 6 IAP-103-US.  We are purchasing some IAP-103-RW.  Can they be used together (i.e. with the same virtual controller)?  Can / Should we "convert" the RW models to US?  If they can't be used together can we set the RW models up as their own network (i.e. their own virtual controller, etc.)?  If we were to do that would clients connected to a particular SSID be able to stay connected moving between the 2 networks (if the same config was used)?

• 2.  RE: Question about IAP-103 US vs RW
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 06, 2018 01:10 PM

@Scamby wrote:

We currently have a Instant virtual controller network of 6 IAP-103-US.  We are purchasing some IAP-103-RW.  Can they be used together (i.e. with the same virtual controller)?  Can / Should we "convert" the RW models to US?  If they can't be used together can we set the RW models up as their own network (i.e. their own virtual controller, etc.)?  If we were to do that would clients connected to a particular SSID be able to stay connected moving between the 2 networks (if the same config was used)?

IAP models are factory set to the regulatory domain where they are intended to operate. A cluster requires all APs that are a part of that cluster to be of the same regulatory domain, so no, a cluster that mixes IAP-103-US and IAP-103-RW will not form. Additionally, the IAP-103-RW should not be used in an environments governed by the FCC, as doing so put the operator out of compliance for intentionally operating non-FCC approved equipment.

IAPs can not be converted from one regulatory domain to another.

• 3.  RE: Question about IAP-103 US vs RW

Posted Sep 06, 2018 01:13 PM

Ok.  Thanks for the info and I was thinking that was proabbly the case.  The seller just responded and said they used a stock photo of the back.  The units we are getting are US models.

• 4.  RE: Question about IAP-103 US vs RW

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 06, 2018 01:33 PM

@Scamby wrote:

Ok.  Thanks for the info and I was thinking that was proabbly the case.  The seller just responded and said they used a stock photo of the back.  The units we are getting are US models.

Excellent. You'll be good to go with your existing cluster then.