Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Redundancy

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Redundancy

Posted Nov 23, 2018 06:03 PM

We have setup controllers in a redundant pair Master and Master Standby. This was all working fine but we have to complete an annual check each year to confirm operation. We were completing a test and during the failover tests we experienced an issue with the VLAN in the redundant pair. The Master controller was restarted due a strange issue with a VLAN but now we have a new problem.

The two controllers are in a managment VLAN of 50 with 10.10.0.1 for controller 1 and 10.10.0.2 for controller 2. The controllers cannot ping in each on the managment VLAN but can on any other VLAN configured on the controllers. I have checked the IPSEC and it is not established between the controllers.

But I can ping both controllers from another device in the management VLAN 50. Can I ask if the controllers are in a redundant pair do they only communicate with each other only via the IPSEC tunnel?

When I do a show crypto ipsec sa I can see that the tunnel is not up but I thought a basic ping should have worked

Thanks for any help

Colin

• 2.  RE: Redundancy

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2018 09:02 PM

suggest your raise a support call to get this resolved.