Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Roll Assignment Troubleshooting

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Roll Assignment Troubleshooting

Posted Sep 28, 2017 08:03 PM

Hello everyone! Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Our public wifi clients that connect to our public ssid should always either be assigned the "External CP" or the "public" role.  However I see a corporate laptop that connected to the public ssid but assigned to our coporate acl role!! Fortunately it's a corporate owned device, but this worries me.  How/why was our corporate acl role assigned to a "public" device? What commands or diagnostics can I use to see how a role was assigned to a client on an Aruba IAP.  We are NOT using clearpass for our public network so I'm stumped as to why it would have gotten the corporate role on the public ssid... 

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Roll Assignment Troubleshooting
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 29, 2017 07:50 PM

Use "show aaa state user" to determine how your user got the VLAN or role that they got:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/show_aaa_state_user_.htm?Highlight=show aaa user state

• 3.  RE: Roll Assignment Troubleshooting

Posted Oct 03, 2017 12:47 PM

I'll give that a shot! Thank you Colin! It's appreciated!