Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Setting up new Aruba Instant AP for guest and employee. Need help on DHCP server. Thanks.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Setting up new Aruba Instant AP for guest and employee. Need help on DHCP server. Thanks.

Posted Oct 02, 2017 11:59 AM

I am intending to setup 3 Aruba Instant AP for my office. The requirements is one SSID for office employees using WPA2 Enterprise. One guest SSID network for guests that will be isolated from local LAN and have internet access only. I have some questions regards to DHCP server for the 2 SSID.

The employee SSID will be using the wireless vlan already configured on the Cisco switch. Meaning that it will using the same ip range as the VLAN and ip will be assign from the DHCP server from AD.

My question is IP addresses that will be distributed out to clients connected to the guest SSID? Which DHCP should it use? From the AD or else where?

I've heard from an ex colleague who have setup the IAP 315 told me that he needs to set up trunking on the Cisco switch so that both SSID will be able to grab ip address of different subnets from the AD DHCP?

Am I able to just setup so that the employee SSID uses the AD dhcp server and guest network using another subnet configured in the Aruba access point?

Finally will the Aruba Instant Access Point 315 furfill the requirements above? Thanks to all.

• 2.  RE: Setting up new Aruba Instant AP for guest and employee. Need help on DHCP server. Thanks.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 03, 2017 04:41 PM

Hi, answering your questions:

My question is IP addresses that will be distributed out to clients connected to the guest SSID? Which DHCP should it use? From the AD or else where? It depends on the VLAN assigned to the SSID, if they connect to the CORP SSID you can assign VLAN10 so the clients will obtain an ip address from that range. Same with guest SSID on VLAN20 for example.

I've heard from an ex colleague who have setup the IAP 315 told me that he needs to set up trunking on the Cisco switch so that both SSID will be able to grab ip address of different subnets from the AD DHCP? YES, you must configure the switch port connected to the AP in trunk mode. The default gateways from VLANs must be at the wired cores.

Am I able to just setup so that the employee SSID uses the AD dhcp server and guest network using another subnet configured in the Aruba access point? YES, set a DHCP pool (More > DHCP Server choose Local,L2) at the AP and asign it to the guest SSID at Cliente VLAN Assignment option (custom).

Finally will the Aruba Instant Access Point 315 furfill the requirements above? YES