Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to acces InstantUI after creating first VLAN

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Unable to acces InstantUI after creating first VLAN

Posted Feb 24, 2020 10:45 AM

Hello,
    I reset my terminal APIN0123, assigned it a static ip on CLI.

Then I connected to the network instantly and created a new VLAN using the graphical user interface.

After that I connect to the new network but problem: instant.arubanetworks.com doesn't work anymore and the "instant" network doesn't appear anymore.
    I need to increase the transmission power of my terminal to 2.4 GHz and I'd like to do it in GUI.
    What can I do?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Unable to acces InstantUI after creating first VLAN

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 24, 2020 01:30 PM

Can you see what IP the AP grabbed from DHCP? If so, you should be able to navigate to that address in your browser and login and make your changes.

• 3.  RE: Unable to acces InstantUI after creating first VLAN

Posted Feb 26, 2020 10:53 AM

Dear, 

Few points to note

1) When you change the IP (via CLI or GUI), reboot is required

2) When you create any new SSID and connect to it, Instant or Setmeup SSID is deleted. 

3) If you are not able to access instant.arubanetworks.com, try accessing the GUI via IAP IP (dont forget to reboot if you havent already). 

• 4.  RE: Unable to acces InstantUI after creating first VLAN

Posted Feb 27, 2020 02:28 AM
      |   view attached

Also please note that instant.arubanetworks.com can only be opened if client device is able to make a DNS query on the network. IAP intercepts the query and responds with its own IP. But for this to work, there must be a DNS query.

Attached are the wireshark snapshot. In my case, i am using non-existent IP 192.168.210.90 (doesnt exist anywhere in my network but also its not on the same LAN, if you configure some IP in your LAN as DNS server  which actually doesnt exist, the ARP would fail and there wont be any DNS query). Hopefully i didnt complicate the stuff.