Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Upgrading os AP-115

Hi,

I have a problem with an ap-115, as soon as I try to configure it to the controller it tells me that the os must be updated.
Through CLI try to update the AP but it fails to do so.
Do you know how to solve the problem?
Thank you

Guru Elite

Re: Upgrading os AP-115

What version of ArubaOs is this?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

Model Aruba7005

Version 6.4.2.4

Guru Elite

When you say upgrade it through the CLI, what are you doing?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

In apboot> tftpboot

MVP Guru

Controller APs should, once the controller is discovered, upgrade their firmware automatically. There is in general no need to manually tftpboot or flash firmware for controller connected APs.

Does the AP discover the controller? Which is your discovery method? Has the AP been whitelisted in the controller (or Control Plane Security Auto Cert Provisioning been enabled)? How does the AP receive its IP?

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Occasional Contributor I

The ap is not updated automatically, the controller recognizes it because in the configuration screen it detects it.

The ip receives it through the dhcp, but it is an ip of a different network.

Control plane security is enabled.

MVP Guru

From what you write, do I understand correctly that you see on the controller dashboard that the Access Point reaching out to the controller and doing an upgrade?

Is the controller properly licensed?

If so, have you whitelisted the AP?

Could it be that there is another controller running a different version of ArubaOS and the AP is jumping between those? That can result in an upgrade/downgrade loop.

Do you have access to the serial console, and if so, can you share the output of some reboot cycles of the AP (assuming it automatically reboots)?

In the case you don't want to share the logs, or don't have access to the console, this discovery, upgrade and whitelist process is extensively covered in Aruba training. So if you have access to an Aruba partner, or Aruba Support,  interactively troubleshooting is probably much faster than discussing it here with limited information.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Occasional Contributor I

Hi,

In the network there is only one controller.

The controller has the installed licenses and free licenses to install in the ap.

Attached the 4 images with the reboot of the ap.
MVP Guru

Console mentions there is a timeout between the AP (192.168.6.20) and the controller (172.17.20.10). Does the access point have (full) access to the controller? And is the IP address the correct controller IP?

--
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: