Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless Mesh enhancements with Instant 8.4

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Wireless Mesh enhancements with Instant 8.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2019 08:47 PM
      |   view attached

This is a short demo guide (23 pages) for demonstrating the new mesh enhancements in Instant 8.3 and 8.4 versions. We now can have much better control over the mesh cluster operation and selection.

Here are the new enhancements that will be demonstrated.

1. Role Assignment enhancement for Mesh point to send loop detection packets for IAPs that are in Mesh point role before turning them back to Mesh portal IAPs.
    2. We can now have more than one mesh cluster in an IAP swarm and manually configure mesh clusters and assign it to specific IAPs
    3. IAPs in Standalone Mode can now connect to a mesh cluster.

Hope you’ll find it useful and as always please send through your feedbacks to improve it.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Mesh Instant 8.4- v0.2.pdf   1.07 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Wireless Mesh enhancements with Instant 8.4

Posted Jul 08, 2019 03:16 PM

I have a support case open right now, running IAP 8.4, If you enable Aruba GRE VPN back to an MD, then also have a Mest Portal and Mesh Point on the network, and enable Per-AP VPN, it seems to create a loop to the MD client VLAN and floods the network. A simple lab with two IAPs in Mesh mode took down our production controller user network. TAC was able to replicate this pretty quickly. 

When running Mesh, is Aruba GRE, supported? What about Per-AP VPN? And does the loop prevention mechanisims not work with GRE tunnels? 

• 3.  RE: Wireless Mesh enhancements with Instant 8.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2019 07:26 PM

I would generally use Aruba IPSEC not Aruba GRE.

when using Aruba IPSEC, the IPSEC tunnels are establisged from the VC and not per AP. However if you still want to use Aruba GRE as the tunnel mode, I would recommend to use a standalone IAP as the mesh point AP.