Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

comparison Aruba Instant/central/controller vs. Cisco WLC

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  comparison Aruba Instant/central/controller vs. Cisco WLC

Posted Jul 28, 2016 03:29 AM

Hi!

One of my customers wants to replace his current older Cxxxo WLAN hardware with new one. I offered him in the first step Aruba Instant with about 10 access points and the option to switch to a controller-based solution in the second/third step (at the moment max 60 APs).

He asks for a detailed and up to date comparison between the different Aruba solutions and his current Cisco stuff. Has anyone a link or document, where this comparison is already done?

Management software like Airwave or Clearpass haven't been discussed yet: That's maybe a topic after the replacement.

Thanks in advance!

Christian

• 2.  RE: comparison Aruba Instant/central/controller vs. Cisco WLC

Posted Aug 01, 2016 09:59 AM

I've asked the same question before and the main reasons are:

The main advantage of Aruba Instant APs is that it can work  (1) standalone,  (2) with cloud-based management and (3) controller-based management using the same hardware.

hope help u!

regards!

• 3.  RE: comparison Aruba Instant/central/controller vs. Cisco WLC

Posted Oct 10, 2016 07:31 AM

Could someone help understand what are differences between aruba instant and aruba central , currently we have controller based solution , basically with ISP connectivity issues between controller and AP's we are facing lot of issues.Looking for more simple design

• 4.  RE: comparison Aruba Instant/central/controller vs. Cisco WLC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2016 07:50 AM

Aruba Instant is the name for the Instant APs themselves and the controllerless code they run.

Central is a cloud-based management platform for configuration, monitoring, reporting and some guest features.

IAPs can be managed locally, with Aruba AirWave or with Aruba Central.