Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

creation of a trunk link between the IAP and a switch

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  creation of a trunk link between the IAP and a switch

Posted Feb 12, 2015 04:13 AM

Hi All,

My IAP is connected to a switch, then I want to spend my different vlans created on the IAP through this link. I can create a trunk on my switch but I do not know how to do at the IAP.

Thank for your help

• 2.  RE: creation of a trunk link between the IAP and a switch

Posted Feb 12, 2015 05:06 AM

read here:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/CaptivePortal/ConfWiredGuest.htm

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_Mobile/Advanced/Content/CLI_commands/wired-port-profile.htm

Just for you to know:

• By default IAP consider native vlan as 1 and consider the wireless users traffic from vlan 1 as untagged.

• Ethernet 0 on an AP is always in trunk mode, so there is nothing you need to do on the AP config.  Your switch port can be trunk or acces.  If it is trunk mode, set the native (untagged) VLAN to the VLAN where you want the AP to get it's IP address from.

• If you are using Ethernet 1 (on a dual Ethernet AP), you have to manually set it to trunk mode using the wired port profile.

• 3.  RE: creation of a trunk link between the IAP and a switch

Posted Sep 10, 2018 05:43 AM

@

I trying to connect IAP 305 to HP switch. Native vlan of the network is set to vlan 10. Do I have to configure native vlan 10 in the IAP 305. If yes how do i do it? Please reply at your earliest possible.

• 4.  RE: creation of a trunk link between the IAP and a switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 10, 2018 06:19 AM

Gayansa.sam,

Your native (untagged vlan) on the switch should be your IAP management VLAN.  The Instant AP by default considers this to be VLAN 1 and it does not have to be defined.  

• 5.  RE: creation of a trunk link between the IAP and a switch

Posted Sep 15, 2018 12:38 AM

@

So that's means that we dont need to any special configuration in AP to get an IP from DHCP. Everything has to be done at switch end, right?

Thank You,

Gayan

• 6.  RE: creation of a trunk link between the IAP and a switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2018 06:45 AM

Configuration needs to be done at the switch end, and that is mandatory.

On the IAP side, when you configure an SSID, you just say it is "Network Assigned" and put in the VLAN number.  Client traffic will be automatically tagged with the VLAN number.

• 7.  RE: creation of a trunk link between the IAP and a switch

Posted Sep 15, 2018 01:37 PM

• 8.  RE: creation of a trunk link between the IAP and a switch

Posted Feb 12, 2015 05:49 AM

Hi Friend,

Here are the steps to configure Trunk in IAP,

Step 1 : Create a new Wired profile with trunkIAP_Wport1.JPG

IAP_Wport2.JPG

IAP_Wport3.JPG

Step 2 : map the newly created profile to the desired port,

IAP_Wport4.JPG

Hope you got your answer,

Please free for any further help on this.