Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

iPhone poor signal reported when 4 feet away from IAP

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  iPhone poor signal reported when 4 feet away from IAP

Posted May 29, 2019 04:29 PM
      |   view attached

Hi my iPhone 7 running ios 12.3.1 has a really poor connection stats on Instant when i see it in the portal, its only 4 feet away

Anyone any ideas?

• 2.  RE: iPhone poor signal reported when 4 feet away from IAP

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 30, 2019 04:15 AM

What model of IAP is this? What do you have configured for your RF settings? Is there any noise or interference within your environment? Do you see the same poor signal when testing with another device in the same location?

• 3.  RE: iPhone poor signal reported when 4 feet away from IAP

Posted May 30, 2019 04:46 AM

Hi Craig

Thanks for ur reply, i have 3 IAP-205H-RW in an instant cluster, i have attached the RF settings, other devices have sporadic connection/disconnection issues, my previous ISP wifi router didnt exhibit the same issues, i have wifi disabled on ISP router and im in a low interferance area, a small detached housing estate with 15m between houses

• 4.  RE: iPhone poor signal reported when 4 feet away from IAP

Posted May 30, 2019 04:47 AM

where can i find any noise or interferance, is there a tab i can screenshot for u?

• 5.  RE: iPhone poor signal reported when 4 feet away from IAP

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 30, 2019 05:12 AM

It is located under the RF part of the Dashboard. Please also ensure you review the antenna pattern of the 205H to ensure the APs are correctly placed.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_AP205H.pdf

What is the current ARM power levels set on your AP? Can you provide the output of "#show aps"