Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

looking for suggestions for ARM settings on IAP-225

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  looking for suggestions for ARM settings on IAP-225

Posted Oct 15, 2015 04:42 PM

I have a few questions on ARM settings for IAP cluster. 14 IAP-225's users are complaining about poor throughput and degraded connection over time.

It seems that they have many IAP’s on the same channels and the ARM power level is default.  

Min tx 18 max tx MAX(127)

Also the setting for ARM scanning, client aware, wide band are enabled why is it not changing the channel. Should I disable client aware? I cant find anything on rf/arm settings or suggestions for IAP’s just for controllers.

Any suggestions for IAP setting?

They have a very open layout almost warehouse like with clusters of tables.

AP’s are 40 to 50 feet apart. IAP’s are 225’s

#AP225

• 2.  RE: looking for suggestions for ARM settings on IAP-225

Posted Oct 15, 2015 04:48 PM
    In the newer IAP code (ER) you can now set custom ARM power levels for 2.4 And 5.
    2.4 should be min 12/ max 9 and 5 min 15/ max 12
    You should start by setting the power to min 9 / max 15 if you still have an older os which only lets you setup the ARM settings for both bands.

I also suggest turning on Broadcast filtering under the SSID profile

• 3.  RE: looking for suggestions for ARM settings on IAP-225

Posted Oct 15, 2015 05:00 PM

Great, I will try that.

Thanks,

keith

• 4.  RE: looking for suggestions for ARM settings on IAP-225

Posted Oct 20, 2015 08:10 AM

After you´ve made those changes you could turn off client aware configuration for the duration of a night or so to give all APs the possibility of changing channels.

Cheers,

Chris