Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

password recovery in iap-205

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  password recovery in iap-205

Posted Oct 16, 2015 06:35 PM

I need to change the password in an instant solution, but admin user and password credentials forgetme! I do not work for these devices

• 2.  RE: password recovery in iap-205
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 17, 2015 08:46 AM

Unfortunately, the recovery procedure has been disabled, so you need to use the reset button:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/Where-is-the-reset-button-on-the-IAP-and-how-do-I-reset-the-IAP/ta-p/180980

This will of course, wipe out the access point's configuration...

• 3.  RE: password recovery in iap-205

Posted Mar 22, 2017 02:30 PM

Hello Collin

Now i read this again, do we still dont have any?

Do we need to configure everything again yet?

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: password recovery in iap-205

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 22, 2017 02:37 PM

It is the same situation today.  Unfortunately, IAPs are in physical locations where users can access them.  We cannot have them resetting devices and accessing configuratons simply because they have physical access to those devices.  The best option is to use Central or Airwave, so that you will not lose access to those devices..  Central even has a new Android App Now:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arubanetworks.arubacentral

• 5.  RE: password recovery in iap-205

Posted Mar 22, 2017 02:42 PM

Thanks for the info Collin

Do you happen to know from which fimrware the old password recovery feature doestn work?

I would like to let know our clients about that.

Cheers

Carlos