Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  swarm-mode

Posted Oct 29, 2013 02:40 PM

Hi All

Does anybody know if there is a way to set the swarm-mode to be standalone via a template in Airwave. I am trying to add it to the template in Airwave but it advises that it is not a supported command.

I have 800 devices that I want to apply it to.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: swarm-mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2013 12:16 AM

Are these at 800 unique sites? If so, whats the need to have them as stand alone? If no other IAP devices will connect to the L2, they are effectively stand-alone. (but a single IAP will show up in AirWave as a VC and an AP, but only consumes 1x Airwave device license.

That said, you can modify your golden config, re-import the template after modifying the config making the following change to DISABLE on the IAP and you should be good to go.

Untitled.png

Cheers, Adam

• 3.  RE: swarm-mode

Posted Oct 30, 2013 12:26 AM

Hi

It is for a retail chain that encompasses a few different brand stores that in some shopping centers are right next to each other. We had a few instances where the end user had plugged in the IAP to the router incorrectly and the ap's were unable to get an ethernet uplink so they found another ap to mesh off which has caused a few issues.

This is something that was not planned for obviously, and now I am trying to find a resolution to it.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: swarm-mode
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2013 12:53 AM

Ahh gotcha, as IAP is dependent on a valid uplink to derrive its config, you'll then want to ENABLE the extended SSID in the setup so meshing doesn't occur. You can see this in the same setup screen I've included above and this is also covered in the current 3.4 IAP User guide at: 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_34_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/WLAN_SSID_conf/ConfigureExtendedSSIDs.htm

Cheers, Adam

• 5.  RE: swarm-mode

Posted Nov 04, 2013 10:21 PM

Hi Adam

Thanks for that. Have tested it out and it is working fine.

again thanks for the help.

• 6.  RE: swarm-mode

Posted Nov 05, 2013 04:10 PM

@akennedy wrote:

Ahh gotcha, as IAP is dependent on a valid uplink to derrive its config, you'll then want to ENABLE the extended SSID in the setup so meshing doesn't occur. You can see this in the same setup screen I've included above and this is also covered in the current 3.4 IAP User guide at: 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_34_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/WLAN_SSID_conf/ConfigureExtendedSSIDs.htm

Cheers, Adam

Hey Adam,

Does this work with IAP-105s as well?  In the docs, it says the following IAPs support this:

RAP-3WN/3WNP

IAP-93

IAP-134

IAP-135

I don't care for the 16 SSIDs, but want the auto wireless mesh disabled.

Thanks

/s

• 7.  RE: swarm-mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2013 11:09 PM

Yes, it does!