Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

uPnP in Instant OS?

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  uPnP in Instant OS?

Posted Dec 29, 2014 03:02 PM

I know uPnP is a feature that is really only on consumer grade devices, and not typically on enterprise devices. But I'm using a RAP-109 as a router & AP and have a Plex Media Server that talks externally on port 32400 for remote access to content. Plex recommends enabling uPnP, of course. Currently I'm unable to reach the server externally. I have the RAP on the latest firmware (6.4.2xxxxxx). Anyone know how I could make this work?

Also, I can't figure out how to open up port 5900 or do a forward for remote VNC access either. Any help would be appreciated! 

• 2.  RE: uPnP in Instant OS?

Posted Jan 02, 2015 03:02 AM

Hi Friend,

I'm not sure whether this works or not but you can have a try,

Aruba supports   DLNA ( Digital Living Network Alliance ) which works on uPnP in order to work with DLNA we should enable AirGroup.

Enable Airgroup and see whether it is working for you or not.

Please feel free for any further query on this :)

• 3.  RE: uPnP in Instant OS?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 02, 2015 07:06 AM
    The dynamic port forwarding piece of uPnP is not supported. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 4.  RE: uPnP in Instant OS?

Posted Jan 02, 2015 12:43 PM

Well, that's a bummer. Since it's not rolling ports, and I just need static 32400 working, are there any workarounds you can think of?

• 5.  RE: uPnP in Instant OS?

Posted Jan 02, 2015 11:55 AM

I already had the AirGroup and DLNA enabled. It works fine inside the LAN. Just not remotely through the net. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• 6.  RE: uPnP in Instant OS?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 08, 2017 03:12 PM

For port forwarding I found an article here and added a rule to my external policy (I'm forwarding tcp 2170):

any alias localip tcp 2170 dst-nat ip 192.168.100.105 2170