Higher Education

last person joined: 17 days ago 

Got questions on how to enable mobility in education? Submit them here!
Expand all | Collapse all

Air Group

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Air Group

Posted Sep 19, 2013 01:35 PM

Hi,

We are in trouble with AirGroup, facing issues in airplay from client vlans, no content plays, but can see the AppleTV in ipad, what are the commands I can use to troubleshoot , I want to make sure the bonjour advertise is coming to the client vlan. We use version 6.1.3.6 air group. Can someone advise.

Thanks you

• 2.  RE: Air Group

Posted Sep 19, 2013 02:00 PM

Are those VLANs being NAT'd anywhere?   If so, AirPlay will see the AppleTV but not play.

• 3.  RE: Air Group

Posted Sep 19, 2013 02:08 PM
    Please elaborate on how NAT'ing has this effect, and more importantly, what are the workarounds.

- Ryan -

• 4.  RE: Air Group

Posted Sep 19, 2013 03:53 PM

Ryan, Even with AirGroup, Bonjour will not work with NAT.   See an earlier post:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/AppleTV-not-working-across-VLANs/m-p/54754/highlight/true#M12925.   

• 5.  RE: Air Group

Posted Sep 20, 2013 05:41 AM

Our issue is with Airgroup, can I ask your advise related to this,

Should we enable igmp in vlan ip interface in ARUBA controller for AppleTv to work efficiently ?, also snooping to be checked or not.

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Air Group

Posted Sep 19, 2013 03:50 PM
    We are not doing NAT, APPLETV in a separate vlan, 10 other vlans assigned to the user SSID, HOW CAN I MAKE SURE all APPLETV traffic (multicast) are passing across the vlan by air group, how to debug AirPlay traffic.
    Thanks