Higher Education

last person joined: 29 days ago 

Got questions on how to enable mobility in education? Submit them here!
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Appliance Console

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Appliance Console

Posted Jul 01, 2015 07:45 PM

When connected to a ClearPass 5K Appliance via keyboard & monitor and you issue a command (i.e. - show ip) that has more than one screenful of information, how do you see the output that has scrolled off of the screen?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Appliance Console

Posted Jul 02, 2015 02:03 AM

i don't think you can. the shell used is pretty stripped down and all usual *nix based tricks don't work.

you can connect via the console port and use your terminal emulation tool to be able to scroll up.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Console-Cable-for-CP-HW-500/td-p/122497

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Appliance Console

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 02, 2015 02:31 AM

Brad,

I don't have a unit to test it for you, but what probably works on the VGA console is the key combination: Shift-PgUp and Shift-PgDn to scroll through the console window.

Herman

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Appliance Console

Posted Jul 24, 2015 05:53 PM

HRobers,

I confirmed that the shift-pageup and shift-pagedown key sequences work to see information that has scrolled off of the screen when connected to the ClearPass 5K appliance console connections. These key combinations work for both connection means [serial console cable and monitor (VGA) / keyboard (USB)].

Thanks,

Brad