Higher Education

last person joined: 18 days ago 

Got questions on how to enable mobility in education? Submit them here!
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to configure the 802.11a radio profile to only use certain channels?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is there a way to configure the 802.11a radio profile to only use certain channels?

Posted Dec 04, 2013 10:39 AM

I have a lab that is using some lower 5GHz channels 36 and 40 and 44 for special equipment.  They do not want us (IT) to have our access points configured for 5GHz so it will have any chance to interfere.  If I am able to set the channels to use the ones they are not using  I may be able to get them to agree to enabling 5GHz to provide better service (5GHz) in the area.  I did explain about the future direction of wireless -802.11AC and how this is going to be a short term solution (few years) and eventually we will have to enable 5GHz to support many of the devices that will start to show up and expect higher speeds they see other places on campus.

I was able to set 1 channel  to use on the profile but not multiple-   unless I am looking at it from the wrong direction.

rf dot11a-radio-profile test123

channel 161

Chris Hart

Northwestern University

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to configure the 802.11a radio profile to only use certain channels?

Posted Dec 04, 2013 10:42 AM
    You can leave ARM on and then use the ?ap regulatory-domain-profile? defined in the ap-group to dictate which channels can be assigned.

- Ryan -

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to configure the 802.11a radio profile to only use certain channels?

Posted Dec 04, 2013 10:51 AM

Thanks Ryan that is what I was looking for I knew I had sees it in there before.

Chris