Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial IoT (IIoT)

last person joined: 22 days ago 

Forum to discuss the HPE Aruba Networking Edge Service Platform and all associated products and solutions for any type of IoT or IIoT application. Included are IoT technology partners (eg. EnOcean, Microsoft, and Zebra) and IIOT technology partners (eg. ABB and Siemens)
Expand all | Collapse all

What is a hyper-aware industrial site, and why is the IIoT relevant to it?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  What is a hyper-aware industrial site, and why is the IIoT relevant to it?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 28, 2020 02:30 PM

A hyper-aware industrial site is instrumented such that applications are cognizant of the contextual status of the environment, machines, occupants, inventory, service needs, security, and safety. IIoT is collectively the eyes and ears of a cognizant plant, and generates logical representations of physical data, i.e., temperature, flow, current consumption, and speed, among many others. IIoT data are supplemented by contextual information generated by a plant’s data network, i.e., identity, location, and applications in use.

See this white paper for more details:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/wp/WP_Industrial-Facilities.pdf

• 2.  RE: What is a hyper-aware industrial site, and why is the IIoT relevant to it?

Posted Aug 13, 2020 02:03 PM

EnOcean has a number of IIoT sensors that can send their data to the cloud using the APs.   some of these will even use the heat from machinery or equipment as their power source, so no batteries to die or power cables to run.     details www.enocean.com/aruba or reach out to me.