Monitoring, Management & Location Tracking

View Only
last person joined: one year ago 

Articles relating to existing and legacy HPE Aruba Networking products and solutions including AirWave, Meridian Apps, ALE, Central / HPE Aruba Networking Central, and UXI / HPE Aruba Networking User Experience Insight

AMP upgrade fails due to conflicting openssl packages 

Jul 16, 2014 04:13 PM

Environment : If yum has been used in the past to upgrade packages, there is a possibility that there will be a conflict in the openssl package. An upgrade from  7.3.x to 7.4.x  or 7.4.x to 7.5.x  seems to be most affected.

If yum has been used in the past to upgrade packages, there is a possibility that there will be a conflict in the openssl package. An upgrade from  7.3.x to 7.4.x  or 7.4.x to 7.5.x  seems to be most affected.

This may also occur if  we have custom RPMs installed on the Airwvave server Or the Airwave install itself is custom.

The following Snipet is captured from the upgrade log.

Prior to 7.5.x version, Upgrade logs was found in /tmp directory. However From 7.5.x version one can find upgrade log in /var/log/upgrade directory.

=== ISSUE ===

file /etc/pki/tls/certs/Makefile from install of openssl-0.9.8e-22.el5_8.4.x86_64 conflicts with file from package openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_5.7.i686
file /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt from install of openssl-0.9.8e-22.el5_8.4.x86_64 conflicts with file from package openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_5.7.i686
file /usr/share/man/man1/ca.1ssl.gz from install of openssl-0.9.8e-22.el5_8.4.x86_64 conflicts with file from package openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_5.7.i686
file /usr/share/man/man1/req.1ssl.gz from install of openssl-0.9.8e-22.el5_8.4.x86_64 conflicts with file from package openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_5.7.i686
file /usr/share/man/man1/x509.1ssl.gz from install of openssl-0.9.8e-22.el5_8.4.x86_64 conflicts with file from package openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_5.7.i686

=== SOLUTION ===

1: If Airwave server has internet connectivity.

Use yum to update the openssl package. After it is updated, run a "make".

# yum update openssl
# root; make

-------------------------------------

2: Airwave server does not have Internet connectivity.

If you attempt to install a package that contains a file which has already been installed by another package or an earlier version of the same package, the following is displayed:

Preparing... ########################################### [100%]

file /etc/pki/tls/certs/Makefile from install of openssl-0.9.8e-22.el5_8.4.x86_64 conflicts with file from package openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_5.7.i686

To make RPM ignore this error, use the --replacefiles option:

/root/svn/mercury/src/x86_64/rpms is the directory in which all the RPMs are stored.

Navigate to this directory

# cd /root/svn/mercury/src/x86_64/rpms

Install the RPM

# rpm -ivh --replacefiles openssl-0.9.8e-22.el5_8.4.x86_64

If we do not find the specific RPM in this directory, we would need to download it form Internet and save it in any directory, /tmp in this case.

change the directory to /tmp and install the RPM.

#cd
#rpm -ivh --replacefiles <name of RPM>

Once the installation is complete, please run the below commands.

#root
#screen
#make

-----------------------------------------

Once execution on #make is complete, we can watch the list of services on Airwave by running the below command.

#wd

We would initially see a few services like Httpd and low_level_service_watcher etc. in a few minutes all the services will get started and the list will be populated with more services.

We can login to WEBUI and verify connectivity.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.