How much disk space is used per user?
As of AirWave 7.3:
You should plan on a requirement of about 84GB storage per 100,000 unique users. To break that down a little more, each unique user will use about 780-900kb of disk space, which includes the following considerations:
- Exactly 530kb worth of RRD files, for storing historical signal metrics and bandwidth usage
- An additional 10-170kb worth of data in the sql database. In most cases, this number is between 10-20kb, so it's a small fraction of the total per-user data we store.
- 250kb to store all that data in 4 amp backups.
Today in AirWave, there are 3 data purging settings on the AMP Setup page that can affect how much user data we keep:
- User Association History: this affects sql data
- Reports: this affects sql data
- Inactive User Data: this affects sql data and RRD files. For saving disk space in environments with lots of unique users, this is by far the most important setting to keep low.