Monitoring, Management & Location Tracking

View Only
last person joined: one year ago 

Articles relating to existing and legacy HPE Aruba Networking products and solutions including AirWave, Meridian Apps, ALE, Central / HPE Aruba Networking Central, and UXI / HPE Aruba Networking User Experience Insight

Re-compile on Airwave fails 

Oct 30, 2015 01:26 PM

Problem:

I am trying to re-compile the code of Airwave and it fails with the below error.

root@amp-lab### make

/opt/airwave/bin/perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/scripts/cluster_role postgres_slave || /opt/airwave/bin/perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/scripts/cluster_role alc || /root/svn/mercury/scripts/db_down || perl -Ilib/perl -MMercury::MigrateDB::ExternalRouterDNSCheck -e 'exit (Mercury::MigrateDB::ExternalRouterDNSCheck->passes_dns_check ? 0 : 1)'

/opt/airwave/bin/perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/scripts/cluster_role postgres_slave || /opt/airwave/bin/perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/scripts/cluster_role alc || /root/svn/mercury/scripts/db_down || perl -Ilib/perl -MMercury::MigrateDB::GlobalGroupTemplateCheck -e 'exit (Mercury::MigrateDB::GlobalGroupTemplateCheck->passes_check ? 0 : 1)'

/opt/airwave/bin/perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/scripts/cluster_role postgres_slave || /opt/airwave/bin/perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/scripts/cluster_role alc || /root/svn/mercury/scripts/db_down || perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl -MMercury::MigrateRRD::CheckAWRRDMigrationSpace -e 'Mercury::MigrateRRD::CheckAWRRDMigrationSpace->go'

/opt/airwave/bin/perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/scripts/cluster_role postgres_slave || /opt/airwave/bin/perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/scripts/cluster_role alc || /root/svn/mercury/scripts/db_down || perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl -MMercury::MigrateRRD::CheckAWRRDMigrationValues -e 'Mercury::MigrateRRD::CheckAWRRDMigrationValues->go'

/opt/airwave/bin/perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/scripts/cluster_role postgres_slave || /opt/airwave/bin/perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/scripts/cluster_role alc || /root/svn/mercury/scripts/db_down || perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl -MMercury::Utility::EOLDevices -e 'Mercury::Utility::EOLDevices->check_eol_devices'

No floorplans with incorrect grid size found.

/opt/airwave/bin/perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/scripts/cluster_role postgres_slave || /opt/airwave/bin/perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/scripts/cluster_role alc || /root/svn/mercury/scripts/db_down || perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl -MMercury::Scripts::DuplicateProfiles -e 'Mercury::Scripts::DuplicateProfiles->check_for_dupes'

/opt/airwave/bin/perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/scripts/cluster_role postgres_slave || /opt/airwave/bin/perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/scripts/cluster_role alc || /root/svn/mercury/scripts/db_down || perl -I/root/svn/mercury/lib/perl -MMercury::Scripts::IsUsingHelpdesk -e 'Mercury::Scripts::IsUsingHelpdesk->go'

Checking that root can sudo -u postgres:

root is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.

make: *** [check_sudo_postgres] Error 1

Diagnostics:

This means that the root user's entry is not present in suoders file.

We can resolve this by adding a line in the sudoers file.

Solution

Please run the below commands:

#visudo

This will open the sudoers file, enter into edit mode by hitting "i" and then add the below line towards the bottom of the file.

## Allow root to run any commands anywhere

root    ALL=(ALL)   ALL

You can also add other users also who are authorized to run commands ad root in this file as well.

Once the line is added, hit "esc" followed by combination of  "wq!" to save and exit.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.