Restore VisualRF from a backup file in AirWave 8.0.x.x version
Introduction- If VisualRF data alone needs to be restored backup file, please follow the steps given below:
Environment- The steps given below have been tested and validated for AirWave 8.0.x.x versions.
- Copy the backup of the AMP which was taken when VisualRF was working to /tmp directory. Here the name of the backup file isdatabackup.tar.gz
- Run the following command to grep the name of the VisualRF backup file:
#tar zxvf /tmp/databackup.tar.gz | grep .zip
- From the output, we will find the backup located under var/airwave-backup/visualrf/visualrf_backup_<name-of-amp-server>.zipsimilar to what we see below:
- Run the following command to extract the VisualRF’s backup, which will be saved under /tmp/var/airwave-backup/visualrf/
#tar zxvf /tmp/databackup.tar.gz var/airwave-backup/visualrf/visualrf_backup_amp-server.aruba.com.zip
- Copy the visualrf_backup_<name-of-amp-server>.zip to the desktop using a file transfer tool like WinSCP.
- Login to the GUI o AMP and navigate to VisualRF à Import à Import Floor Plans From a VisualRF or VisualRF Plan Backup
- Import the VisualRF backup file which was saved on the desktop.
- After running the above steps, from the command line of AMP, tail the visualrf_migration.log located under /var/log/visualrf.
- The log file will have the following entry, indicating the beginning of the restore process: , “End of restoration” indicating beginning and ending of the restore process.
2013-11-13 13:58:03,546 INFO HTTP zip entry[version.xml]
- The following lines will indicate the completion of the restore process:
2015-02-18 14:30:40,861 INFO HTTP End of restoration.
- Login to the GUI of AMP to confirm that VisualRF module displays the imported floor plans.