Monitoring, Management & Location Tracking

View Only
last person joined: one year ago 

Articles relating to existing and legacy HPE Aruba Networking products and solutions including AirWave, Meridian Apps, ALE, Central / HPE Aruba Networking Central, and UXI / HPE Aruba Networking User Experience Insight

Secure NTP servers 

Jun 06, 2014 06:47 PM

THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS ARTICLE WORK IN AMP 4.4 AND OLDER, BUT ARE NOT RECOMMENDED FOR VERSIONS NEWER THAN 4.4.

Configuring AMP's NTP client to sync to your secure NTP servers is very easy. I'll tell you how to configure it, and then I'll describe the "gotcha" that you should be aware of.

To tell NTP to use a key you just save the key somewhere on the AMP and add one line to the /etc/ntp.conf file:

keys /absolute/path/to/key_file

Then just restart AMP to make the changes take effect: 

# disable_amp; enable_amp

The gotcha: If you go to the AMP Setup -> Network page on AMP's web interface and make a change to the NTP servers' addresses, AMP will delete the 'keys' setting from ntp.conf. So once you do this you should remember not to edit NTP server stuff from our web interface.
Configuring AMP's NTP client to sync to your secure NTP servers is very easy. I'll tell you how to configure it, and then I'll describe the "gotcha" that you should be aware of.

To tell NTP to use a key you just save the key somewhere on the AMP and add one line to the /etc/ntp.conf file:

keys /absolute/path/to/key_file

Then just restart AMP to make the changes take effect: 

# disable_amp; enable_amp

The gotcha: If you go to the AMP Setup -> Network page on AMP's web interface and make a change to the NTP servers' addresses, AMP will delete the 'keys' setting from ntp.conf. So once you do this you should remember not to edit NTP server stuff from our web interface.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.