Network Management

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AMP Failover Server fails to be enabled after primary fails

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AMP Failover Server fails to be enabled after primary fails

Posted Jan 21, 2019 08:17 PM

Hi All,

I'm running new install of 8.2.7.1 failover server with primary 8.2.7.1 server in customer network. 

When testing failover, the failover server correctly detects the primary failure and attempts to restore the backup file but right at the end of the process it seems to fail when it attempts to restore a postgres dump file. 

This leaves Airwave in a disabled state and it cannot be brought online without TAC intervention. 

I've had TAC investigation going for over a month and we're not really making any progress. Wondering if anybody else has experienced this?

• 2.  RE: AMP Failover Server fails to be enabled after primary fails
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 12:09 PM

Does TAC have a defect number for your case?

In my tracking, I see DE32013 which seems similar to what you're reporting.  This was recently filed, and expected to be fixed in 8.2.8.1 release (Spring 2019 timeframe)

• 3.  RE: AMP Failover Server fails to be enabled after primary fails

Posted Jan 28, 2019 03:32 PM

Hi Rob,

thanks for your guidance, as is often the case you were right on the money with your suggestion. TAC is now working to close this our thanks to the steering i was able to give them. 

Much appreciated. 

Scott

• 4.  RE: AMP Failover Server fails to be enabled after primary fails

Posted Jan 22, 2019 02:40 PM
    Hi Rob. I've had nothing from them to suggest they have a root cause yet . I'll suggest this defect to the engineer and see if it moves th8ngs along. thanks. scott

#AirheadsMobile

• 5.  RE: AMP Failover Server fails to be enabled after primary fails

Posted Jan 22, 2019 02:40 PM

Hi Rob. I've had nothing from them to suggest they have a root cause yet . I'll suggest this defect to the engineer and see if it moves things along. thanks. scott

#AirheadsMobile

• 6.  RE: AMP Failover Server fails to be enabled after primary fails

Posted Jan 22, 2019 11:20 PM

Spoke to TAC today and they believe that my issue may be related to the defect you provided but somehow different. will keep waiting and see what comes back. 

From reviewing the logs, the amp_restore process gets to a point where it tries to read a postgres dump file and this fails for some reason (the file exists and seems to be unpacked from the primary server backup file. 

once this stage is reached the backup restore seems to terminate and the server sits idle. using amp_enable or rebooting server seems to bring it up . 

• 7.  RE: AMP Failover Server fails to be enabled after primary fails

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2019 12:37 AM

Hi Scott,

We have mapped your case to the said defect and following up with the engineering on the same.

As Rob mentioned it is targeted to 8.2.8.1 and current ETA is end of March.