Network Management

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AMP not discovering CPPM

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  AMP not discovering CPPM

Posted Feb 25, 2020 07:34 PM

Our AirWave (AMP) is able to successfully add our CPPM publisher, but not our CPPM subscriber (in the same cluster) using identical SNMP strings.  The 2 x CPPMs are not setup in a VIP and we verified there is nothing blocking SNMP traffic to and from the subscriber (we see ECHO traffic from AMP to subscriber followed by nothing after clicking doing the 'add' from AMP).  Is this the intended typical behavior with a CPPM cluster?  If not, then why isn't the AMP's SNMP traffic getting to the subscriber?

• 2.  RE: AMP not discovering CPPM

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 26, 2020 03:57 AM

That is not typical behaviour, under the AirWave entry for the Subscriber does it give the reason for failure (e.g ICMP, SNMP etc). You need to manually add each CPPM node. 

Just a FYI in case :

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/How-to-monitor-a-CPPM-cluster-via-Airwave/ta-p/292042

• 3.  RE: AMP not discovering CPPM

Posted Feb 26, 2020 11:32 AM

I manually added each node using v2c with identical community strings in all 3 servers.  The publisher successfully adds.  AMP sees "SNMP get failed" after I add the subscriber.  We do see ECHO traffic on the firewall to the subscriber, but no SNMP traffic even though nothing is blocking traffic between the two.

• 4.  RE: AMP not discovering CPPM

Posted Mar 06, 2020 12:28 PM

Would like to know this also - have just successfully added the Publisher into Airwave but not Subscriber - both using the same SNMP string and nothing blocking from firewall etc. 

• 5.  RE: AMP not discovering CPPM

Posted Mar 11, 2020 04:59 AM

Ok so I have figured it out for me anyway.  You can't update the SNMP string in the server manager settings of the subscriber as it is managed by the publisher however if you log into your publisher you can go to the server manager and click on your subscriber and then update the SNMP string from here. 

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks