Network Management

last person joined: an hour ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AMP puzzle/challenge - WMM

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AMP puzzle/challenge - WMM

Posted Jul 07, 2016 12:56 PM

Hello all,

So I have a puzzle on my hands, and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions?

Today I've been troubleshooting issues at a hospital, related to voice call quality. Drops/quality poor etc.

I've checked all the "normal" things (VRD type stuff), AP spread/volume, ARM, SSID specifics, QoS etc. etc. Nothing stood out that was "wrong" broadly speaking. I then checked on their AMP server, and when interogating some UCC stats, observed the attached screenshot.

Anybody have any guesses what might account for this? Specifically, I mean where the client DSCP and WMM appears to be 255?!?! That's not normal surely?!?! Note that the call failures seem to mostly follow a patern matching the 255 markers.

Phones are Mitel 5624. The estate is all Aruba controllers (7210 on 6.4.2.13), with a mix of AP215 and AP225. Stupidly, I didn't make a note of the AMP version. I think it was 8.0.something.

Any ideas?!?!

• 2.  RE: AMP puzzle/challenge - WMM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2016 06:03 AM
    This appears to be a bug with short duration calls or calls that failed. We are opening a ticket to investigate.

• 3.  RE: AMP puzzle/challenge - WMM

Posted Jul 11, 2016 07:45 AM

Cheers Colin.

I suspected it might have been a red-herring to be honest.

I went off after posting to look for other potential issues, and found a few bits which when tweaked seemed to help.

Thanks for confirming!