Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave 8.2.4 Clarification of Support for ArubaOS 6.4

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AirWave 8.2.4 Clarification of Support for ArubaOS 6.4

Posted Jul 10, 2017 12:24 PM

In reviewing the AirWave supported devices documents I noticed a stark contrast to the statement of what ArubaOS is supported between AirWave 8.2.3.1 and 8.2.4.

I want to clarify if full functionality to manage Aruba controllers running version 6.4 is included in AirWave 8.2.4.  I have a customer with 3200XM controllers that are not supported on 6.5 ArubaOS.  See below the snips of text on the supported devices documents from AirWave 8.2.3.1 and 8.2.4.

Was support for ArubaOS prior to 6.5.0 reduced in any way between AirWave 8.2.3.1 and 8.2.4?

Thank You

AirWave 8.2.3.1 Supported Devices

Spoiler

This release of AirWave supports management of global configuration profiles/settings, monitoring, and software
    upgrades on the following Aruba devices and software.
    ArubaOS
    AirWave supports all Aruba controllers and most access points that are running ArubaOS 8.0 and all prior
    versions, and that have not reached the End of Support milestone. The AP-80M series of access points is not
    supported by AirWave.

AirWave 8.2.4 Supported Devices

Spoiler
     AirWave supports management of global configuration profiles or settings, monitoring, and software upgrades
    on Aruba devices and software that are running ArubaOS 6.5.0.0, 6.5.1.0, 6.5.2.0. AirWave supports only
    monitoring on Aruba devices running ArubaOS 8.0.0. The sections that follow provide support matrices for
    integration with Aruba devices.
    ArubaOS
    AirWave supports all Aruba controllers and most access points that are running ArubaOS 6.5.0.0, 6.5.1.0,
    6.5.2.0, 8.0.0.0, 8.0.1.0, and 8.1.0.0.

• 2.  RE: AirWave 8.2.4 Clarification of Support for ArubaOS 6.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 12:37 PM

Hi,

We have support for 6.4 code till 2021 and this will be supported in latest Airwave release.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life/

Regards,

Pavan