Network Management

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave 8.2.7 SCP server Passwordless Authentication

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  AirWave 8.2.7 SCP server Passwordless Authentication

Posted Mar 07, 2019 06:24 AM

Hello,

In AirWave version 8.2.7 we now have to use SCP server in order to save backup files remotely. When doing it in the lab we created temporary user account on the server that allowed us to do PoC. However, to get it in the production we would like to simplify things, and are wondering if AirWave supports any form of passwordless authentication? Thanks.

• 2.  RE: AirWave 8.2.7 SCP server Passwordless Authentication

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2019 12:31 PM

Post 8.2.4 we dont have root access to Airwave. However, you can specify FTP from ampcli menu for transfering backup automaticaly. You can choose option 4(backup), then option 2 for seting up automatic backup transfer.

• 3.  RE: AirWave 8.2.7 SCP server Passwordless Authentication

Posted Mar 07, 2019 12:54 PM

Hi Vishnu,

Thanks for your reply. That is exactly what we are doing (automatic backup), but for that to happen AMP needs to have an account on remote SCP server where it will dump the files. My question is, can we use passwordless authentication for this, as we would not like to end up having to change account password on regular basis? 

Thinking about it, I think I read somewhere that the account to establish connection with SCP is used only once (hence, no need to log on every time backup is transferred). Is that maybe correct? Thanks.

• 4.  RE: AirWave 8.2.7 SCP server Passwordless Authentication
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2019 06:18 PM

Hello NesaM,

As of today in Airwave 8.2.8.1, Airwave will always use the scp creds, you configured once in the AMP Cli menu to configure the Automatic transfer, will continue to use it every time it tries to put the file, meaning, every night, it will use the same creds, to login to the remote server, and put <file name>.  Back in older versions of airwave, when you had root access, you could have done password less authentication, but right now, it uses the password to login everytime.

• 5.  RE: AirWave 8.2.7 SCP server Passwordless Authentication

Posted Mar 08, 2019 05:20 AM

Hi Fayyaz,

Thanks for the answer, exactly what I wanted to know. All the best