Network Management

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8.0.1 simulate AP failure in HTML5 VisualRF

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8.0.1 simulate AP failure in HTML5 VisualRF

Posted Jul 14, 2014 05:09 PM

OK, If it was just me, I'd assume I was just not seeing something right in front of me, but two of my teammates also can't figure out how to simulate the failure of an AP in the new HTML5 VisualRF.

Is there a checkbox someplace we're missing, or is it really well hidden?

We've been turning the radio down to 0, but that seems lake a bad idea since it would require coming back and resetting the values correctly and that intruduces a source of error.

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8.0.1 simulate AP failure in HTML5 VisualRF

Posted Jul 16, 2014 01:41 PM

I think you are right. In html5, the simulate failure is missing (i don't seem to be able to find it here in my test Airwave). There are a number of missing features that I commonly use in the Flash version as well. You just added one more to the list.

- Heatmap predictive descrepancies between the flash version and html5 version.

- The ability to put the channel & power on the label on the AP in the building map. This give you the quick view of the channel & power distribution on the floor. 

- Enable grid lines with certain length. By just looking at how dense is the line, you pretty much know how big the building that you are dealing with without having to measure it. 

- Matthew, looks like you just found another one that I commonly use

However, there is an option in the setup to revert back to the flash version which give you the flash function back which we will be using when we upgrade it to Airwave version 8. I currently have a ticket open with the support team to understand the plans with the HTML5 shortcomings that we are seeing. 

-Tan

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8.0.1 simulate AP failure in HTML5 VisualRF

Posted Jul 17, 2014 06:24 PM

The Flash version has had a very long time to get feature rich and stable, the HTML5 is basically just out of Beta, so I expect it to have issues. We're trying to use it so we can amass a list of suggestions for the Airwave team and try to help make it better.

Our biggest complaint is that it's so much s-l--o---w----e-----r------!

We also just found that if you click on one planned AP and then delete it, all planned APs disappear - I'm off to file a bug.

• 4.  RE: Airwave 8.0.1 simulate AP failure in HTML5 VisualRF

Posted Jul 17, 2014 08:24 PM

Planned APs don't disappear on ours.  I've found chrome works best so far.

We're starting fresh with the HTML5 so not knowning what we are missing helps us resist the urge to switch over to flash.  We've been tempted to because we can't run a location tuning survey, but we're sitting tight and waiting so far.

Too bad that's such a gear change and you can't just run one or the other in different browsers at the same time.