Network Management

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8.2.8.2: "SNMP Version Tab" doesn't exist under Groups / Basic

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8.2.8.2: "SNMP Version Tab" doesn't exist under Groups / Basic

Posted May 10, 2019 06:49 AM

Hi,

i have a problem to get newly added device from status down to up.

The first thing I wanted to do, was to check if the snmp settings for the devices still fit.

I had found this article:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/AMP-Tip-8-2-6-AMPCLI-Enter-Commands-3-SNMP-debugging/td-p/421137

Quote:

:: Check SNMP version ::

Go to Groups -> select group -> Basics page

Under the specific supported Device type breakout - check that SNMP version used to communicate with your device is set to the right version.

Mhh, i can't find the snmp-dropdown-menu.
    It was there. I know it. Is it maybe since 8.2.8.X anywhere else?

Has anybody a tip for me?

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8.2.8.2: "SNMP Version Tab" doesn't exist under Groups / Basic

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 10, 2019 07:09 AM

Check community string configured in NAD device is matching with Devices>Manage page >Device communication section.

Check snmp version in Groups>Basic >Aruba >snmp version whether it is set to v2 or v3 , if you are using community string need to set to v2 if using snmp user set to V3.

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8.2.8.2: "SNMP Version Tab" doesn't exist under Groups / Basic

Posted May 21, 2019 06:59 AM

@Pavan Arshewar wrote:

Check community string configured in NAD device is matching with Devices>Manage page >Device communication section.

aw_device_communication.jpg

@Pavan Arshewar wrote:

Check snmp version in Groups>Basic >Aruba >snmp version whether it is set to v2 or v3 , if you are using community string need to set to v2 if using snmp user set to V3.

aw_groups_basic_aruba_instant.jpg

Thanks Pavan. But thats my problem, i can't find such settings...

• 4.  RE: Airwave 8.2.8.2: "SNMP Version Tab" doesn't exist under Groups / Basic

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2019 07:49 AM

Are you adding IAPs or controller/switches to Airwave? if it is IAP we can not add IAP as snmp devcie, we need to provide Airwave IP details in system section in IAP if you are adding it manually, it will automatically get discovered in new device tab by default.

If it is switch/controller then we can see version under Group>Basic>Aruba section

community.PNG