Network Management

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave OS supports Acropolis from nutanix

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Airwave OS supports Acropolis from nutanix

Posted Oct 25, 2018 05:54 PM

Hi comunnity:

Could you tell me if the airwave OS could be installed in Acropolis from Nutanix, please?

Regards

Karlink

• 2.  RE: Airwave OS supports Acropolis from nutanix
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2018 12:58 AM

I would think so.  We haven't tested formally, but their white page suggests that VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V are supported - which we support for installs.  Keep in mind that we do make a general suggestion of spec'ing size increase of 20% to account for virtualization process overhead (more might be required - depending on what the base features of Acropolis require).  Also if you're planning to share the host resources, allocating the right priority and I/O for database interactions is a must since AirWave is very I/O intensive.

• 3.  RE: Airwave OS supports Acropolis from nutanix

Posted Jul 12, 2019 12:46 PM

Rob, I'm confused by your answer. You say "their whitepaper suggests...", who is the "their". If "their" is Nutanix then that doesn't answer the question being asked. The Nutanix platform supports VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V and Acropolis (AHV), their own hypervisor. The question is, will Airwave run on Acropolis?

• 4.  RE: Airwave OS supports Acropolis from nutanix

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 12, 2019 12:57 PM

Airwave support installation on Hyper-V and ESXi, regarding Acropolis we havent tested and it is not supported, you can try installing but if any issues comes up TAC does not support.

• 5.  RE: Airwave OS supports Acropolis from nutanix

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 12, 2019 12:59 PM

We havent tested or claimed support for AirWave to run on Acropolis.

What Rob was saying is Nutanix whitepapers say AHV handles CentOS 6.x. If you can install AMirWave iso on AHV with CentOS and run Airwave application, it may work. However, we dont officially support or tested the installation part.

• 6.  RE: Airwave OS supports Acropolis from nutanix

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 12, 2019 01:24 PM

The 'their' reference is to Nutanix whitepaper.

So you're saying Acropolis is another vitualization platform?  I didn't understand that from the white paper.  If that's the case, I would still be optimistic in thinking it could work.  But I can't give a clear yes/no until I've seen test validation.  There's currently no plan in the roadmap to test/support Acropolis, so it'd be a feature request to submit to the ideas portal.

If it is an option, I would suggest going with VMware or HyperV which are tested and supported install models.  Though, for anyone who does try Acropolis, I'd be interested if there's any performance improvements since we guide a 20% resource increase for the virtualization layer overhead.

• 7.  RE: Airwave OS supports Acropolis from nutanix

Posted Dec 08, 2019 02:21 PM

Airwave on AHV - works fine. Using for past 1 year plus.