Network Management

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Airwave Problem

Hi

I cannot log into the GUI or SSH to airwave. Does anyone experience the below error when SSH to airwave?

Loading Menu...
Unknown error: DBI connect('dbname=airwave','airwave',...) failed: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
Is the server running locally and accepting
connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"? at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/DB/Q.pm line 891
at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/DB/Q.pm line 905
Mercury::DB::Q::_get_new_dbh('Mercury::DB::Q') called at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/DB/Q.pm line 872
Mercury::DB::Q::get_new_dbh('Mercury::DB::Q', undef, undef) called at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/DB/Q.pm line 816
Mercury::DB::Q::connect_to_db('Mercury::DB::Q') called at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/DB/Q.pm line 809
Mercury::DB::Q::dbh('Mercury::DB::Q') called at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/DB/Q.pm line 406
Mercury::DB::Q::_execute('Mercury::DB::Q', 'prepare', 'select version from seas_config where id = ?', 1) called at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/DB/Q.pm line 389
Mercury::DB::Q::execute('Mercury::DB::Q', 'select version from seas_config where id = ?', 1) called at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/DB/Q.pm line 207
Mercury::DB::Q::scalar('Mercury::DB::Q', 'select version from seas_config where id = ?', 1) called at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/DB/SeasConfig.pm line 2414
Mercury::DB::SeasConfig::field('Mercury::DB::SeasConfig', 'version') called at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/DB/SeasConfig.pm line 2436
Mercury::DB::SeasConfig::recent_field('Mercury::DB::SeasConfig', 'version') called at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/Logger/AMPEvents.pm line 120
Mercury::Logger::AMPEvents::amp_version('Mercury::Logger::AMPEvents') called at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/Logger/AMPEvents.pm line 112
Mercury::Logger::AMPEvents::cef_args('Mercury::Logger::AMPEvents', 'extensions', 'HASH(0x15c7770)', 'event_name', 'CLI user logged in', 'severity', 2, 'signature_id', 14, ...) called at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/Logger/AMPEvents.pm line 95
Mercury::Logger::AMPEvents::log_useraudit('Mercury::Logger::AMPEvents', 'msg', 'Logged in from 16:00', 'start_time', 6, 'user', 'admin', 'start_date', 'Mar', ...) called at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/Logger/AMPEvents.pm line 130
Mercury::Logger::AMPEvents::log_useraudit_cli('Mercury::Logger::AMPEvents', 'user', 'admin', 'start_time', 6, 'start_date', 'Mar', 'ses_key', 'm8UcSuGm0rKyaAiyrrfg4XYHhCQyPN6t', ...) called at /usr/local/airwave/lib/perl/Mercury/AMPCLI.pm line 56
Mercury::AMPCLI::go('Mercury::AMPCLI', 'ampcli') called at /usr/local/airwave/bin/ampcli line 48
main::__ANON__() called at /opt/airwave/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/Try/Tiny.pm line 76
eval {...} called at /opt/airwave/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/Try/Tiny.pm line 67
Try::Tiny::try('CODE(0x5745ab8)', 'Try::Tiny::Catch=REF(0x1642588)') called at /usr/local/airwave/bin/ampcli line 62
main::go('ampcli') called at /usr/local/airwave/bin/ampcli line 67

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Airwave Problem

Looks like disk might be 100% used and DB down. You have to contact TAC. They would have to use the linux rescue option to troubleshoot further.

Also, as Herman stated sometime reboot gets the DB up for sometime. However, would be good to involve TAC during this so that we can create the support user if we are able to access and troubleshoot using it.

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Guru

I would guess that the database stopped or got corrupted. What you could do is from the console (VM: use ESX/HyperV to access the console, Hardware: hook up monitor and keyboard to the appliance) and press the famous Ctrl-Alt-Del to trigger a system reboot. It might be that after the reboot the database will recover.

If it doesn't, or if you don't feel comfortable doing that, please reach out to Aruba Support. This doesn't look like something to fix yourself.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Highlighted

Looks like disk might be 100% used and DB down. You have to contact TAC. They would have to use the linux rescue option to troubleshoot further.

Also, as Herman stated sometime reboot gets the DB up for sometime. However, would be good to involve TAC during this so that we can create the support user if we are able to access and troubleshoot using it.

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for the info Vishnu. You are 100% correct on the disc usage of 100%. TAC will be looking into today.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks Herman. TAC will be looking into it today.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: