Network Management

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Upgrade site - for a proxy

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave Upgrade site - for a proxy

Posted Feb 07, 2014 10:10 AM

All,

I'm trying to figure out the URL that Airwave uses to query for new updates. I'm working with a customer and we're going to have to send Airwave through a proxy and restrict its outbound access to just this site.

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

-Mike

• 2.  RE: Airwave Upgrade site - for a proxy

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2014 08:54 AM

If you look in the amp-upgrade script, there should be some clues in there as well.  I can't remember the exact location of these scripts, but the linux commands find, locate and whereis will help.

Otherwise, try to do a pcap on airwave, then amp-upgrade.  You should be able to tell from the pcap what it is looking for in dns.

• 3.  RE: Airwave Upgrade site - for a proxy

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2014 09:16 AM

@boston1630 wrote:

All,

I'm trying to figure out the URL that Airwave uses to query for new updates. I'm working with a customer and we're going to have to send Airwave through a proxy and restrict its outbound access to just this site.

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

-Mike

Instructions on how to upgrade Airwave through a Proxy:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/How-do-I-upgrade-the-AMP-if-it-has-to-go-through-a-proxy-to-get-to-the-internet

You should be able to see the site in the Proxy afterwards.

• 4.  RE: Airwave Upgrade site - for a proxy

Posted Mar 04, 2014 02:58 PM

All,

Thanks for the reply a month ago! It took me a hot minute to get back to this. I totally missed this in Colin's link - the site that the proxy was trying to hit was the support site at "support.arubanetworks.com." The "-x" flag on the end works as expected when a proxy allows the support site. 

Thanks!

-Mike