Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave & Comware switch config backup

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Airwave & Comware switch config backup

Posted Oct 23, 2019 10:02 AM

Hello,

Is it possible to get Airwave 8.2.9.0 to do config backups for HPE 5920AF switches? I have them added into Airwave and it is working fine for monitoring but I can't get config backups to work. 

We have added in all of our other Aruba procuve switches into Airwave and it works fantastic for doing config backups and auditing. 

If we can get the 5920's backup up to Airwave we can get rid of the Linux based server VM we used to use to backup all of our switches using home grown shell, ssh, and tftp. 

Thanks for any input!

~jake

• 2.  RE: Airwave & Comware switch config backup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 10:32 AM

Capture.PNG

8.2.10.0 support guide screen shot.

If you are not seeing any config backup option for this comare switch model similar like Procurv in Airwave then file feature request

https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/

• 3.  RE: Airwave & Comware switch config backup

Posted Oct 23, 2019 10:45 AM

The 5920 has the same config section as other switches it just does nothing when you try to pull a backup. I have confirmed the credentials for ssh/telnet account are accurate. 

HP_5290_Airwave_config.JPG

• 4.  RE: Airwave & Comware switch config backup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 11:06 AM

You can try increase telnet/ssh timeout value in Devicesetup>communication page ---Telnet/SSH Settings and try pull backup manually and see if it is doing anything.

If you still see issue, please open tac ticket.