Airwave and Aruba OS compatibility
4 weeks ago
Is there any documentation or guidance on Aruba OS and Airwave version compatibility? We have a quite neglected Airwave server on an 22.214.171.124 and controllers on 126.96.36.199 which don't seem to be sharing data properly with each other. We already know we need to upgrade the Airwave server and the Aruba OS but just wanted to know how I can confirm compatibility between the two?
Re: Airwave and Aruba OS compatibility
4 weeks ago - last edited 4 weeks ago
You can refer Airwave supported guide to check compatibility. Support for 188.8.131.52 is added from 8.2.9 code. Current latest code is 184.108.40.206, which have support for 8.6.0.x & 8.7.0.x code as well.
From 8.2.10, centos version is 7.x code. Your current server can be upgraded till 220.127.116.11 code, to upgrade to 18.104.22.168 and above, we need to migrate centos version to 7.x.
Steps to migrate to Centos 7.
- Upgrade from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 which have multiple upgrade paths.188.8.131.52> 184.108.40.206>220.127.116.11>18.104.22.168>22.214.171.124>>126.96.36.199>188.8.131.52 (Note: root access blocked from 8.2.4 code, we will have AMPCLI shell which will have limited access.)
- Take backup of 184.108.40.206 after upgrade.
- Do fresh install of 220.127.116.11 using ISO.
- Restore backup on newly installed server which took in step2.
- Now we will be able to upgrade server to 18.104.22.168 and above.
Pavan Arshewar | ACCP
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.