Network Management

Frequent Contributor II

Airwave doesn't add devices to groups.

Hi community.

Scenario: We have Airwave installed on a virtual machine running on VMware.
The machine has: 1,5 Tb of storage, 128GB of ram and 12 cpus.
Airwave ver: 8.2.4.1

We have a two 7210 Aruba Controller on "md" mode, managed by a Mobility Master, we have configured MM and the controllers with a community string used for Airwave.

On the airwave side these 3 devices was discovered without issues, now the problem appear:

We go to: "AP/Devices-->New" then we see 3 new devices, we select the device to assign it to a group and when we hit the "Add" button nothing happens, even if we select, Replace Hardware, Ignore Device, Delete devices. We have search for a solution but nothing seems to work.

Also we tried to add devices manually but a mac mismatch error showed up and we weren't able to delete the devices as I mentioned.

Here you have a couple of screenshots. AW.pngAW0.PNG

Thankyou in advance.

Daniel Méndez Vargas
ACMP, ACCP

Re: Airwave doesn't add devices to groups.

a) This will probably be handled quick in a support case

b) try this:

-in one browser frame: watch system -> status -> webserver log (httpd/error_log)

-at the same time, try to add the device again

-refresh the log, there should be a crash to some effect for why the device wasn't added

c) another thing to check is home -> license.  I don't see any eval or license limit msg, but it's good to double check license status just in case

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Frequent Contributor II

Thank you for your reply Rob.

So, I got a very extensive log using the httpd/error_log,

These are the first lines: [error] [client 127.0.0.1] ERROR:  function supports_vpn_connections(bigint) does not exist\nLINE 85:         CASE WHEN supports_vpn_connections(ap.id)\n                           ^\nHINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.: \n    SELECT * FROM (\n      \n    SELECT\n 

I gonna attach a txt file with the full log error.

Daniel Méndez Vargas
ACMP, ACCP

Looks like there's a schema issue.  Support should be able to pinpoint the database schema change that didn't get applied to get things working again.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Frequent Contributor II

Yes Rob, I think we should contact support now.

Thank you for your time.

Daniel Méndez Vargas
ACMP, ACCP
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

So, I decided to reinstall Airwave cause there wasn't important configuration. Now everything is working well.

Daniel Méndez Vargas
ACMP, ACCP
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: