Network Management

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave doubts

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave doubts

Posted Sep 11, 2018 02:15 PM

Hello,

Im having a little problem and i have some questions.

im new to Aruba equipment in my new job(First Day) they have a Aruba controller and AP´s and some standalone Cisco AP´s a they told me that they are buying Aruba Airwave and i wanted to know some things:

-The integration between the Controller and Ariwave is via SNMP? from what i have investigated it seams like that.

-Can i make changes to the Cisco AP from Airwave and what changes can i make? from what i have read i cand define some parameters for the antena , ip address, etc.

-Can i define 802.1x for the SSID from Airwave (to Aruba AP´s dependents of the controller and to the Cisco AP´s) or it this needed to do from the controller and directly to the Cisco AP´s too?

-Do you have any recomandations when using 802.1x

Thanks for the help.

Greetings,

Gerardo Andree Mejía

• 2.  RE: Airwave doubts

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2018 05:22 AM

Hi,

Airwave is multi vendor montioring/managment server, it uses SNMP/HTTPS protocol to communicate with NAD devices. Airwave have full montior/managment support for Aruba-HPE product devices but limited support for other vendors.

We can make full configuraiton changes from Airwave to Aruba NAD devices and also for Cisoc aswell but with limitations.