Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave - iAP code development timing

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave - iAP code development timing

Posted Nov 21, 2013 07:18 PM

Currently I'm using newer firmware in iAP than is fully supported in Airwave.

Typically I've been upgrading Airwave immeiately on release of new code (and playing with Beta when available)

Typically I've been lagging on iAP firmware unless a fix or feature pulls me forward.

Lately I've moved forward with iAP to get a coupple of new features and to avoid a bug or three, and now I'm ahead of Airwave.

What is the anticipated lag between new Instant firmware and adoption in Airwave support?

• 2.  RE: Airwave - iAP code development timing

Posted Nov 21, 2013 10:59 PM

I'd pull in your Aruba SE they will be able to get you in contact with both Airwave development.  Last time I spoke with them they were trying to make it feature parity but I don’t see that happening unless they are working hand in hand which is a very hard to accomplish with still being leading edge.

• 3.  RE: Airwave - iAP code development timing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2013 01:39 AM

The same question comes up for controllers and switches as well.  We're working towards the goal of releasing an AirWave patch at the same time as a new firmware, or supporting features in AirWave before the new firmware is introduced.

In the current case, which features are you anticipating?  Let me know and I can check the bug fixes and roadmap to see what's going to make it for the next patch release.

• 4.  RE: Airwave - iAP code development timing

Posted Nov 22, 2013 12:47 PM

Particularly I'd like to turn on GUI management, but I'm wanting to disable an SSID for a site while it's being installed so as not to damage coverage with the outgoing WLAN until we're ready to go live.

Further I'd like to turn on client-match which I'm suspecting is not yet in the Airwave iAP GUI, but I haven't checked yet -- I just installed 6.3.1.1-4.0.0.0_40930 in my lab last night.

• 5.  RE: Airwave - iAP code development timing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2013 12:16 PM

FYI, the developers are working on both the SSID enable/disable and client-match for IGC.  It's looking like both will be candidates for a future 7.7 patch release.