Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Airwave passsword recovery

Hello Airheads,

I have access to the web console but no console access (don't have the password).

I've found this steps:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/Tutorial-Airwave-Root-password-recovery-Jan14-Tutorial/m-p/307190#M7605

However, as per attached screenshot, no way to edit de boot menu.

What's the best approach to solve that?

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Airwave passsword recovery

You should open a TAC case, I had the same problem and it was solved quickly by a HPE engineer.

Daniel Méndez Vargas
ACMP, ACCP

it'd help to know what version of AirWave you have running.  Anything before 8.2.4 would require booting to single user mode.

From 8.2.4-8.2.6.1, there's the amprecovery user that could be used to reset ampadmin pw.  Password is 'recovery'.  This amprecovery account is only accessible from console (not remote ssh).

8.2.7 and newer -> fresh installs allowed choosing a different name other than amprecovery.  And the ampadmin is able to reset the amprecovery password - otherwise it's the default 'recovery'.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company

From 8.2.4-8.2.6.1, there's the amprecovery user that could be used to reset ampadmin pw.  Password is 'recovery'.  This amprecovery account is only accessible from console (not remote ssh).

It did the trick, thanks.

However I've found this screen. No way to change the password.

Ah yes - so the steps to reset for security purposes was made more difficult.  Letting users reset the password was a security risk since anyone could walk into a server lab and console access.

So step 1 will generate the new key, step 2 will scp that key so that you don't have to type it all, step 3 is activating the key.  Emailing the hash to TAC is the only way to get the translation since it's encrypted with gpg keys.

Then once you activate -> login w/ the ampadmin user, go to Security -> Reset OS pw to change the pw to something easier (but still secure).

Rob Gin

I have access to the Web Console. Is there any way to reset the console access from it?

If not, do I need to have an active support contract to reset the password?

Thanks again.

No, the CLI can only be reset from CLI.  As for support, I'm not completely sure. but I'd guess you'd need an active support contract - you'd have to try opening a case to find out.

Rob Gin
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: