Network Management

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave, switches and Rogue detection

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Airwave, switches and Rogue detection

Posted Jul 03, 2014 07:04 AM

I have a question about airwave and the need of adding all switches to it for Rogue detection purposes.

I have a client which are not having enough licenses to add all the switches to the airwave, and I wonder if Airwave will be able to detect the rouge AP's on the wired side if the core and aggregation swtiches was being monitored by airwave, but not the access switches?

Obviously it wouldn't be able to name the switchport, but at least you would get  warning and be able to pursue the perpetrator with some manual tracknig based on the alarm.

• 2.  RE: Airwave, switches and Rogue detection
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 03, 2014 07:48 AM

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/Basic-Wired-Wireless-device-correlation-of-detection-rogue-in-3-steps

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-25

Also if you go to the Airwave home page you can use the help and go to the RAPIDs option which will show you how to create cclassification rules based on your requirements

2014-07-03 07_51_29-AirWave 7.7 - Using_RAPIDS_and_Rogue_Classification.png

• 3.  RE: Airwave, switches and Rogue detection

Posted Jul 03, 2014 08:26 AM

Thank you.

What I read from this is that RAPIDS rogue detection  will work fine as long as the monitored switches contains all the VLANs, and the gateways for the wired network.

• 4.  RE: Airwave, switches and Rogue detection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 03, 2014 08:29 AM
    You won't get the exact port either, you'll get the uplink to the edge stack.

• 5.  RE: Airwave, switches and Rogue detection

Posted Jul 03, 2014 08:34 AM
    And also you need to trunk all the VLANs to the AP so it can the see traffic from the rogue the devices